About Keenan CDM
Anthony Keenan BSc CMaPS
APS CMaPS Certified CDM Consultant providing CDM Principal Designer, Principal Designer Adviser/Support and Client’s CDM Adviser services under the CDM 2015 Regulations.
Anthony Keenan, trading as Keenan CDM, is an Association for Project Safety (APS) Certified CMaPS CDM Consultant, providing CDM Consultant, Principal Designer, Principal Designer Adviser, Client CDM Adviser, etc services. He has 30 years construction industry experience with more than 20 of those spent delivering CDM Regulations consultancy services on a variety, both in size and type, of construction projects with values ranging from £20K to £45M. He has undertaken a wealth of CDM related training and is known for a practical common sense approach to the interpretation and implementation of the CDM Regulations.
Operating as a sole practitioner under the ‘Keenan CDM’ trading name since 2018, Anthony possesses the relevant Skills, Knowledge and Experience (SKE) to provide these services as required of the role and can provide extensive references.
Professional History, Qualifications & Memberships
- 30 years construction industry experience with the last 7 years as a partner or principal
- 20+ years front line delivery experience as CDM Consultant (PD, PDA, CDMC, PS, Etc)
- Provision of CDM services on wide range of projects ranging from from £20k to £45m
- Degree qualified Quantity Surveyor – i.e a designer under the CDM Regulations
- ‘Designing for Health & Safety in Construction’ course completed after QS degree
- Association for Project Safety (APS) member for over 20 years
- APS CMaPS ‘certified’ status attained via multiple APS examinations for CDM2015
- Acclaim (SSIP) Accredited for provision of Principal Designer services
- CSCS Managerial Level ‘Black’ Card maintained via examinations since 2005
- View full profile on LinkedIn
Examples of Additional Training & CPD Undertaken
CDM Regulations and Construction Health & Safety knowledge and skills are maintained and updated through continual (audited) CPD annually as required by APS including regular participation in seminars, workshops, etc – some examples of which are listed below.
- Design Risk Management In Context – APS National CPD Event
- Reduction of Musculoskeletal Disorder (MSD) via Design – APS National CPD Event
- Solutions for Difficult Access Problems – APS National CPD Event
- Fire Risk Management – APS National CPD Event
- Working at Height – APS National CPD Event
- Refurbishment: The Ins & Outs – APS National CPD Event
- Understanding the Risk Management Process – APS National CPD Event
- Working With Historic Buildings – APS National CPD Event
- UKTFA Fire Guidance Seminar – Timber Frame Fire Safety Edinburgh Napier Uni
- Prevention of Ill Health Through Design – APS National CPD Event
- CDM2015 Legal Update Brodies LLP Solicitors
- The Duty to Manage Asbestos – APS National CPD Event
- APS CMaPS Exam: Occupational Health (passed)
- APS CMaPS Exam: Effective Communication & Cooperation APS (passed)
- APS CMaPS Exam: Asbestos (passed)
- APS CMaPS Exam: Working At Height (pass)
- Fire Safety in Timber Frame Developments – APS National CPD Event
- CDM Procurement and Design APS National Seminar – APS National CPD Event
- Putting Worker Health Protection into CDM and Beyond – APS Online Seminar
- NHBC Timber Frame Construction Training Series – NHBC Online Training Sessions
- NEBOSH National Construction Safety Certificate – Course In Progress
- Crichton Carbon Centre & Peatland ACTION – Peatland Restoration: 2 Day Training
See experience page.