Risk Probability & Impact
A fantastic simple but effective visual example of risk probability and impact/consequence…
Note: This has been doing the rounds recently on social media with various people posting it, so no idea who to credit, but thank you.
I’m pleased to confirm that the independent Acclaim (SSIP) Health & Safety Accreditation annual renewal certificate for the Keenan CDM Principal Designer service has been received for the 5th year now (Reg 00388256).
This is achieved via independent assessment annually and enables Keenan CDM to demonstrate compliance with health and safety legislation – in this instance, compliance with the CDM Regulations for the provision of Principal Designer services.
Once again this demonstrates the Keenan CDM commitment to providing a comprehensive service via documented processes in line with the CDM Regulations requirements, in addition to the extensive CPD training undertaken annually.
Recent New Projects
It’s again been busy at Keenan CDM recently and missed posting new projects for a while, so here’s a roundup of some 2022 commissions:
- New Offices and a Factory Extension near Stirling for Plean Precast (as Principal Designer)
- New Build Commercial Unit in Bellshill for C&W Assets (as Principal Designer)
- Demolition & New Build Commercial Building in Inverness for Gray Material Handling (as CDM Consultant – PCI & H&S File Preparation)
- Residential New Build of 120 Houses (Private & Affordable) in East Calder for Cruden Homes (as Principal Designer)
- Residential New Build of 48 Retirement Homes in Edinburgh for Cruden Homes (as Principal Designer)
Further details on some of these will be posted in the next few weeks.
COVID-19 restrictions are being replaced by public health advice
[HSE Update 27 APR 2022]
Guidance for workplaces is being replaced with public health advice:
You can check the latest position and timescales for Scotland on this webspage
HSE no longer requires every business to consider COVID-19 in their risk assessment or to have specific measures in place.
There is a requirement to protect those who come into contact with the virus due to their work activity.
HSE web page for workplaces on COVID-19 provides more information and links to public health and other government body advice.
You can find guidance on the circumstances when you should make a report under the Reporting of Injuries, Diseases and Dangerous Occurrences Regulations (RIDDOR).
HSE will continue to expect employers to comply with the requirements for cleaning and ventilation in the Workplace (Health, Safety and Welfare) Regulations 1992.
Construction sites must provide adequate facilities in line with the Construction (Design and Management) Regulations 2015.
Recent New Projects
It’s been busy at Keenan CDM recently and so posting on new projects has again been missed since summer, so here’s a roundup of some recent commissions:
- Residential New Build of 140 Houses at Longniddry, East Lothian for Places for People (as CDM Consultant)
- Hotel Extension in Kirkcaldy for Grande Construction (as Principal Designer)
- Residential New Build of 100+ Houses in Rosyth, Fife for J Smart & Co (as Principal Designer)
- Residential Cladding Replacement Works at various buildings in Edinburgh for Hillcrest Homes (as Principal Designer)
- Residential New Build of 145 Flats at Granton, Edinburgh for Places for People (as CDM Consultant)
- Farmhouse Holiday Refurbishment in Ardgay, Sutherland for Gledfield Estate (as Principal Designer)
Further details on some of these will be posted in the next month or so.